Service Computing Technology and System Lab,
Cluster and Grid Computing Lab,
School of Computer Science & Technology,
Huazhong University of Science & Technology,
Wuhan, 430074, China
- Semantic Web and Knowledge Management
- Data Management
- Distributed Computing
- Semantic Web and Knowledge Management:
The goal in this research area is to develop semantic data extraction, expression, storage, retrieval and visualizing technologies to build and maintain a knowledge base on a domain. In particular, firstly, the research seeks to design a semantic data model and storage technology for semantic data and develops some technologies to store large semantic data that achieves efficient storage utilization, supports fast query operations, and supports the addition of new semantic data. Secondly, the research tries to develop information extraction and data integration technologies for semantic data acquisition. Furthermore, we seek to develop friendly semantic data retrieval, evaluation and visualization technologies which try to provide high-quality search results and visualize semantic association among data.
We have developed SemreX, which is a semantic based literature sharing system and manages meta data of more than 1 million literatures. The eldest SemreX was a Semantic Peer-to-Peer Scientific References Sharing System and developed in 2004. Now SemreX adopted a centralized architecture and foucsed on new functions based on semantic. Now, SemreX provides the following functions: automation extraction of meta data of literature, semantic associate based storage, literature classification and ranking, literature retrieval, emerging trends detection and semantic data vislualization etc. We are now developing latest SemreX. The latest SemreX shows some new features, such as high efficiency storage in semantic data, quick response and friendly user-interface and so on. In this field, we also research technology and system for large scale data management due to huge amount of semantic data in RDF available online and developed triple stores, such as DBLink and TripleBit.
- Distributed Computing Technology and System: Currently, the research mainly focuses on grid and cloud computing. Based on grid platform, the research develops middleware infrastructures for grid applications. With the help of middleware infrastructure in grid environment, sharing resources and cooperating among resources and users can be supported efficiently and flexibly. The goal of the research is to simplify the development and deployment of grid applications, and make it possible that grid application can be constructed and deployed on demand. In this research field, we developed Grid Based Geographic Information Co-Mark System and Grid based System Simulation Platform. Currently, we are developing distributed storage system - ppStore which utilizes storage services available on Web.
- Performance Evaluation & Optimization: Due to the advantage of virtualization technology, virtualization technology is experiencing a resurgence of interest and is being used in a variety of places, ranging from the data center to the desktop. This has spurred great advances in processor and memory virtualization in hardware and virtualization software. The growing popularity of virtualization technology motivates deeper investigation of the performance implications of virtualiza-tion. The goal in the research area is to develop performance evalaution technology and benchmark, perforamnce optimization technology. We developed vBench for evaluating CPU, I/O, and network in virtual machine environments. Moreover, since server consolidation is one of important applications of virtualization technology, we developed VSBechmark for evaluating performance in server consolidation. Now, we focus on high performance Network I/O and Disk in virtualization technology.
- Hai Jin, Li Huang, Pingpeng Yuan, K-Radius Subgraph Comparison for RDF Data Cleansing, The 11th International Conference on Web-Age Information Management (WAIM’10), July 15-17, 2010, Jiuzhaigou, China
- Hai Jin, Li Huang, Pingpeng Yuan, Most Possible Partition: Utilizing Semantic Links for Duplicate Detection, Journal of Internet Technology.
- Pingpeng Yuan, Hai Jin, Ding Ye, Wenzhi Cao, Yaowei Yan, and Xia Xie., “vBench: A Micro-benchmark for File - I/O Performance of Virtual Machines”, 2009 IEEE Asia-Pacific Services Computing Conference (APSCC’09), Singapore, Dec. 7-11, 2009
- Hai Jin, Li Huang and Pingpeng Yuan, Name Disambiguation using Semantic Association Clustering, ICEBE 2009
- Pingpeng Yuan, Guoyin Wang, Qin Zhang, Hai Jin, SASL: a Semantic Annotation System for Literature, WISM’09-AICI'09
- Pingpeng Yuan, Yuhua Huang, Hai Jin, Server Virtualization Benchmark: Evaluating Dynamic Performance of Virtual Servers, SWS 2009
- Xiaomin Ning, Hai Jin, Weijia Jia, and Pingpeng Yuan, Practical and Effective IRStyle
Keyword Search over Semantic Web, Information Processing and Management,
Elsevier B.V., Volume 45 , Issue 2 (March 2009), Pages 263-271.
- Hai Jin, Wenzhi Cao, Pingpeng Yuan, Xia Xie, VSCBenchmark: a Benchmark for Dynamic Server Performance of Virtualization Technology, the First International Forum on Next-Generation Multicore/Manycore Technologies IFMT’08, Cairo, Egypt, November 24-25, 2008.
- Hai Jin, Li Huang, Pingpeng Yuan, and Fan Chu, Duplicate Records Cleansing with Length Filtering and Dynamic Weighting, International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge and Grid 2008, Dec. 4-6, 2008, Beijing, China
- Pingpeng Yuan, Hai Jin, Shilun Yuan, Wenzhi Cao, Laiyuan Jiang, WFTXB: a Tool for Translating Between XPDL and BPEL, International Symposium on Advances of High Performance Computing and Networking, September 25-27,2008, DaLian,China
- Pingpeng Yuan, Yuqin Chen, Hai Jin, Li Huang. MSVM-kNN: Combining SVM and k-NN for Multi-Class Text Classification, IEEE International Workshop on Semantic Computing and Systems (WSCS 2008). July 14-15, 2008.
- Pingpeng Yuan, Hai Jin, Kang Deng, Qingcha Chen, Analyzing Software Component Graphs of Grid Middlewares: Hint to Performance Factors, The 8th International Conference on Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing, Cyprus, June 9-11, 2008
- Pingpeng Yuan, Wenzhi Cao, and Ping Kuang, A Cache Based Feedback Grid Scheduling Approach, Journal of Software, Vol. 17, No.11, Nov. 2006, pp.2314-2323 (in Chinese)
- Zewu Huang, Hai Jin, Pingpeng Yuan, and Zongfen Han. Header Metadata Extraction from Semi-structured Documents Using Template Matching, The Second IFIP WG 2.12 & WG 12.4 International Workshop on Web Semantics (SWWS'06), Nov. 1 - Nov. 3, 2006, Montpellier, France.
- CHEN Han-Hua, JIN Hai, NING Xiao-Min, YUAN Ping-Peng, WU Hao, GUO Zhi-Xin, SemreX: A Semantic Similarity Based P2P Overlay Network, Journal of Software, Vol.17, No.5, May 2006, pp.1170-1181 (in Chinese)
- Hai Jin, Ding Wand, Pingpeng Yuan, Li Qi, “xDFT: An Extensible Dynamic Fault Tolerance Model for Cooperative System”, The first International Workshop on Metropolis/Enterprise Grid and Applications , The Eighth Asia Pacific Web Conference, January 16-18, 2006, Harbin.
- Pingpeng Yuan, Hai Jin, Li Qi, and Shicai Li, “Research on an MOM-Based Service Flow Management System”, Grid and Cooperative Computing - Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.3251, (Hai Jin, Yi Pan, Nong Xiao, Jianhua Sun, Editors), Springer-Verlag, September 2004, pp.783-786 (ISBN: 3-540-23564-7).
- Pingpeng Yuan and Hai Jin, “A Composite-Event-Based Message-Oriented Middleware”, Grid and Cooperative Computing - Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.3032 , (Minglu Li, Xian-He Sun, Qianni Deng, Jun Ni, Editors), Springer-Verlag, April 2004, pp.700-707 (ISBN: 3-540-21988-9).
- Pingpeng Yuan, Gang Chen, Jinxiang Dong, Weili Han. An Event-Service Interacting Model and Event Detection Based on the Broker/Service Model. The Sixth International Conference on CSCW in Design, July 12-15, 2001, London, Ontario, Canada.pp20-25.
- Pingpeng Yuan, Gang Chen, Jinxiang Dong. Prove and refinement of algorithm for computing union area of circular arcs. Journal of CAD& CG, 2001, 13(1): pp67-71. (in Chinese)
- Pingpeng Yuan, Gang Chen, Jinxiang Dong. Maintenance of Consistency of BOM. Journal of CAD&CG, 2002, 14(1): pp83-86. (in Chinese) .
- Hai Jin, Pingpeng Yuan, Semantic Data Management Technology and Its Applications, Science Press, Feb. 2010. (ISBN: 9787030264688) (in Chinese)
- Hai Jin, Pingpeng Yuan, Qin Zhang (Ed.). Proceeding of China National Computer Conference 2005, Tsinghua University Press, 2005.10 (ISBN: 7-302-11886-8) (in Chinese)
- Ian Foster, Carl Kesselman (Ed.), Hai Jin, Pingpeng Yuan, Ke Shi (Translated). The Grid 2: Blueprint for a New Computing Infrastructure. Publishing House of Electronics Industry, 2004.9 (ISBN: 7-5053-9946-2) (in Chinese)
Some Patent Applications & Software Copyrights
- An Extensible Dynamic Fault Tolerance Method for Cooperative System. (No.ZL200510019586.7)
- An Index and Retrieval Approach for Semantic Data (No. 200710051743.1)
- Semantic Small World Based Literature Retrieval Approach (No. 200710051607.2)
- Feedback based Grid Task Scheduling Approach (No. 200710051495.0)
- Multi-Copy Based QoS Guaranteed Grid Data Transfer System (No. 200610125570.9)
- An Approach for Transfering Between XPDL and BPEL (No. 200610125450.9)
- A Zero Copy Communication Method in Real Time Environment (200510019784.3)
- Semantic Integration and Retrieval Software for Literature V 1.0, Registration No. 2007SR09824
- Semantic Based Literature Evaluation and Retrieval Software V 1.0, Registration No. 2007SR02247
- Semantic Based Peer to Peer Literature Sharing Software V 1.0, Registration No. 2007SR01456
- Grid Based Geographic Information Co-Mark System Software V 2.0, Registration No. 2006SR01095
- Parallel Programming for Master Candidate (2008, 2009): Requirements, Lecture 1, Lecture 2, Lecture 3, Lecture 4 , Lecture 5
- Network Security for Master Candidate (2007): Requirements, Lecture 1, Lecture 2, Lecture 3, Lecture 4, Lecture 5
- Computer Network for Undergraduates
- Computer English (2007)
- Data Structure
Current Graduate Students
- 2008 Yi Li, Haiou Jiang
- 2009 Bo Ma, Ye Zhou, Jingwei Liu, Pu Liu
Past Graduate Students
- 2004 Li Huang, Wei Liu
- 2005 Wenzhi Cao, Leiyu Tan, Xuejing Sun
- 2006 Qingcha Chen, Yuqin Chen, Yaowei Yan, Guoxin Guo
- 2007 Wen Ni, Binlin Chang, Long Cheng
modified: Thursday April. 29 9:35:15 EST 2010